Reminiscence

Let's take a swim at the water under the bridge. 


“There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” 
― Shannon L. Alder

          Looking back at past, I have some memories I could clearly recall. Memories that taught me valuable and important lessons I could use for future dilemmas. I've been living in this messed up world for almost 18 years and I couldn't remember any significant contribution I've done. I'm just a guy, I don't even know if I'm normal. Cause what is really the basis of normality if you're living in a world whose consistent in change. How could I catch up if I'm slow enough just to get on time on my first period. How could I carry it's burden if I'm weak enough just to carry an 8 pounds dumbbell. But maybe that's the purpose of time, it strengthens you, it makes adjustment for you to grow strong and to take-on the future. As for now, the only thing I trust is the universe and it's timing. Such a manipulator.

I was born with skills in karate.
          Given the name Benedict Labio S. Concha by my parents, I was bring forth in this world on November 24, 1998. The very first day the world heard my cry and wails. But on the days that followed that moment? I couldn't remember anything at all. But might as well tell you on things I could openly share with you. My friends call me 'Baljeet' or 'Ben', but my nickname isn't really that near enough though, it's kind of embarrassing if the world would know. I'm the first born child of Labio and Cecila and I have two younger siblings- Luis and Althea. Sharing and being open with others aren't really my type. I'm the kind of person who is so uptight and doesn't like interaction with other new people. It makes me uncomfortable and unease not knowing what will be their first impression about me. I love having friends but to share something about yourself is another story. 


(I have a battered face on my actual graduation.)
         As the years gone by, the need for education is necessary. Here comes kindergarten! I actually loved going to school that time because who doesn't want to? School was so much easy that time. No paper works, no stress, just simple math and tracing of sketched letters that your teacher draw. Oh, how I miss that! And also, kindergarten has its ever synonym, FIELD TRIP! I was exposed to so many new ideas and information about my everything. Though some of it are a bit vague and unclear, I could still remember the crocodiles and the huge farmer riding a carabao. Those days. Childhood, playing, running, not caring about the world, the time when it's fine to be immature and reckless. And here comes elementary. I could say that the my first three years in elementary was hell. I didn't immediately adapt to my new environment. I was so dependent to my papa and mama that I need to see them every time. I cry and become hysterical, like I was lost and my only support was them. It's like everyday was a burden. But I got used to it but takes 3 long years before I did. 3 YEARS. In this stage also that I learn how to love Art.



(High School buds)

          The best four years of my life happened when I entered high school. It was a roller coaster of adventures and emotions. New faces, new environment and new friends. What I read on books and based on what I watched in movies, it was the total opposite. High school was the best time of your life. It is where the transition between childhood and maturity come across each other and the mix of emotions confuses you. It'll be hard but when you overcome it, it would be worth it. It's like winning Hunger Games. Ugh. With all those booby traps and everything! It was fun though. In this stage of my life, knowledge and realization hit me like a wave. My mind was opened to a lot of wisdom. Learning to love books was the best part of this. Words and wisdom brings me to the world unseen by other people. World that only me and the characters of the book could understand. High school though was also a challenge academically. The standard of the school was so high than of my elementary school. I passed all the subjects though but not good enough.



        
(When it feels like)

  I'm 2nd year college right now. Studying Bachelor in Secondary Education Major in English. My ultimate goal right now is to finish college and pass the LET Examination. And by that, I could go abroad because the salary there was so much higher than here in our country. Improvement of life here is a blurr. I want to give a better life for my family. I want to pay back to my parents for all the years of sacrifice and hardships than they've been through just to sustain my education. I want to best the best version of myself so that I could inspire my future students and for my better tomorrow. 


Live. Lit. Love.

More from me:


(Baptismal)



(I survived elementary!)




(Birthday)



(College buds)




You Might Also Like

0 comments